2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 pound cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast or lean grass fed ground beef. We sometime substitute deer meat.
2 15oz cans of kidney beans drained or rinsed
2 15oz cans organic diced/crushed tomatoes, no salt added
1 Tbsp ground chili powder
½ tsp sea salt
2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute
4. Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), chili powder, salt, and red pepper
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
7. Evenly divide between six serving bowls and top with cilantro, cheese, avocado, or Greek Yogurt.
This is a good meal prep meal for Sunday. I usually make up a batch, cool, then put into containers and freeze. If I need a quick meal for lunch or dinner, I simply take it out of the freezer.