Move it Monday!!!
Get up and move! I took the weekend off from workouts to enjoy a weekend away with the hubby. We did however park in the last parking space to walk to the stores. We also hung out and walked tons on Saturday in downtown St. Charles. My eating was not on key either. But I did not go overboard!
Experts recommend to work out or be active for at least 20-30 minutes a day. Thirty minutes may be hard some days to fit in…just remember you can break it up if needed. I have a Fitbit that I wear on a daily basis to reach my 10,000 step goal. Workouts that I love from Beachbody that I incorporate into my daily life are: 21 Day Fix, Hammer & Chisel, TurboJam, 10 Minute Trainer and 22 Minute Hard Corps. I just started 22 Minute Hard Corps today! Here are some ways I work to reach my daily goal of 10,000 steps and to get in at least 20 minutes.
- Dance–I love turning on the radio and dancing with my daughter Rylie. Before we know it 30 minutes have passed. This also usually leads to us playing Just Dance on the Wii.
- Shoot some hoops–My son however does not like to dance but play a game of horse or 1 on 1. OR play a sport with your kids or friends.
- Take your 4 legged friend on a walk. Our two dogs-Jake and Lulu love walks.
- Instead of calling a friend- go on a walk with your friend to catch up.
- Do some gardening – pull weeds, plant flowers, start a garden
- Clean your house- it is amazing how many steps you can get in by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, wiping down counter tops, and folding laundry
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Park in the last parking spot and walk
- Go on a bike ride around the neighborhood.
- Jump rope – my kids just finished up with the Jump-rope for Heart. So we have been practicing. 🙂
- Do squats while you are in the kitchen cooking.
- Work out while watching your favorite shows. I like to do the walking videos from jessicasmithtv on YouTube. I will load a workout on my phone or laptop and walk while I am watching my favorite shows.
- Do small workouts during the commercial breaks. You will be amazed how many commercial breaks there are and how long a commercial actually lasts! I sometimes do sit-ups, push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, wall sits, mountain climbers or even planks.
- Stand up at work more. You burn more calories standing than sitting.
- Cook at home. Believe it or not you actually burn calories when you cook at home.
Whatever you do just get active! Take it slow and ease into it. Make it a habit not a just a 2-3 day thing and then quit.