Green…what kind of green foods are you going to cook up on St. Patrick’s Day? Not sure? Try out some of these dishes that were shared in our last 3 Day Clean Eating Shenanigans Party. Interested in joining our next one? Add me as your coach to receive updates when the next one is offered.
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats ground into a flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used PC brand)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 egg
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender add spinach and unsweetened almond milk. Blend until all spinach has been combined.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, greek yogurt, spinach-almond milk mixture, egg, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir to combine.
- Spray or melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of batter to make silver-dollar pancakes (or 1/3 cup for regular pancakes).
- Cook until all bubbles have popped (about 2 mins) and then flip over for 1 min.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves.
1. Place sliced cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, onion, and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
2. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 1 pound wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
- 2/3 cup peas
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded to 1/4 inch thickness (the chicken breasts are often huge so I cut them in half before pounding)
- 8 tsp prepared basil pesto (I buy fresh pesto from the deli in our grocery store, you can always make your own)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese cut in half
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- If you haven’t pounded your chicken breasts flat yet, do it now. It is a great way to work out a little bit of tension from the day.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of the pesto sauce onto each flattened chicken breast (if you cut your chicken breasts in half only use 1 tablespoon).
- Place the 1/2 slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the pesto.
- Roll up the chicken up tightly, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is nicely browned and juices run clear.
Note: Make sure and warn your family or guests that there are toothpicks holding the chicken together.
2 frozen bananas
3/4 cup almond milk, original
2 cups spinach, packed
1 container (16 ounces) Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp mint extract
3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
In a vitamix, or high powered blender, combine frozen bananas, almond milk, and spinach. Blend until completely smooth (there should be no spinach leaves left, you should only have a smooth, pretty green smoothie consistency.) In a bowl, combine spinach-banana-milk (does that sound gross? Bear with me…I promise it gets better.), Chobani Greek Yogurt, mint extract and chopped dark chocolate chips. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and allow to churn according to ice cream makers instructions. I allowed mine to churn until it reached a consistency similar to frozen yogurt, about 15 minutes. Then scoop the mixture into a container and allow to freeze until ice cream-like consistency is reached, about 2 hours.
For daily motivation, inspiration, clean eating recipes and fitness tips ……
⭐ ⭐ JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK ⭐⭐
Are looking for a coach for the 21-Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Hammer and Chisel, 22 Minute Hard Corps or another Beachbody program? If so I would love to add you to my next challenge group!
Need some inspiring ideas or new meals? Follow me on Pinterest