BAKED OATMEAL WITH BLUEBERRIES AND BANANAS
Modified from SkinnyTaste.com
- 3-4 medium ripe bananas, (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2″ to 1 inch pieces (I made sure the bottom of the baking dish was covered)
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle one cup of blueberries over the bananas, 1 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of almonds, baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt; stir together. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp honey, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and almonds over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven.
We used real Mexican Vanilla. I probably also added more blueberries… I was closer to 2 cups. But our family loves blueberries. I also did not measure the cinnamon when I put it on the bananas and blueberries. I just sprinkled it on to cover the fruit.So I probably added more than 1 teaspoon…more like 2 teaspoons.
This recipe was a hit! I think it was gone in about 5 seconds. The sweetness from the bananas treated this as a desert. YUM!!! We will definitely be making this again at our house!